3 Month Contract
6:30 AM to 6:30 PM – Monday through Friday
$25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of team members; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary. Develops Team Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned Team Members.
- Ensure production output matches orders and that Customer requirements are respected and shipments met. Maintain bank sheets and/or productivity reports in a timely manner and (re)acts accordingly
- Monitors and measures team member performance for accuracy of sequencing and/or metering and delivery of commodities. Continually strive for continuous improvement, ensuring all work carried out within the group conforms to established build and quality practices
- Supply Shift Manager with hourly production counts and prepare an end of shift report and report out to incoming shift.
- Follow Company policy regarding all health and safety and environmental procedures, identify and eliminate safety and housekeeping hazards to minimize workplace accidents
- Ability to communicate and deal with a variety of people including internal and external Customers, Management, and Functional Departments.
- Ability to effectively train, teach, and coach hourly team members
- Proficiency in the ability to analyze information (ie. inventory issues, manpower issues, assist in continuous improvement of processes, job development etc.) and (re) act as required.
- Proficient in communicating, driving and managing change
- Follow and monitor all Health & Safety activities within facilities to ensure compliance with OSHA.
- Position requires a college diploma/ university degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience supervising in an automotive, logistics or related industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate with exposure to Microsoft office applications preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience working within a unionized environment is an asset.
**To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**