CES is seeking an Embedded Specialist – Cyber Security for our world-class industry leading client.
Work at the forefront of electronics and software architecture for defence applications
Join a high-energy team with exciting opportunities for global career progression
Focus on continuous improvements that provide our clients with solutions while reducing costs and speeding up delivery for urgent requirements.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and experienced Embedded Specialist Cyber Security interested in working on cutting-edge technologies to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario on a full-time basis.
Working with a highly motivated team you will use your technical expertise to assist in the development of processes, procedures, and policies for electronics and software resiliency in automotive applications.
Your duties will also include:
Developing risk management frameworks for embedded devices.
Designing and developing hardware and software for penetration testing of embedded devices in a lab setting.
Creating a technology roadmap for deployment of new resiliency requirements across product fleets.
Developing project plans and schedules in order to track and status projects to completion.
Informing future automotive architectures of new electronic robustness technologies.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have:
– A post-secondary education in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field
– 3 – 5 years experience as an Embedded Specialist Cyber Security and/or in the design and operation of automotive systems.
– Experience using SysML + UML
– The ability to travel internationally using a valid passport is also required for this role.
– You will also be familiar with NIST and other Risk Management Frameworks and have some project management experience.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have familiarity with testing and debugging electronic equipment in a lab setting using Oscilloscope or Function Generator.
You will also have excellent communication skills demonstrated in your ability to assert and articulate the importance of security in embedded systems to non-technical individuals.
Preference will be given to individuals who have a valid secret level security clearance, fluency in French, and working knowledge of CAN2.0B Standard and J1939. Individuals who demonstrate familiarity with both Ethernet Frames and Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), and with on-highway truck electronics and mechanical subsystems will have an advantage. As will individuals that are strong with C, C++, C#, and Python programming languages.
About the Benefits
You will be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record.
As a Fortune 500 company, you’ll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
· Flex time and vacation package
· Tuition reimbursement for you and your children
· Long and short-term disability, life insurance
· Group RRSP
· Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you’re an experienced IT Security Specialist looking to take the next step in your career, apply to email@example.com
Due to the volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.