Our client is seeking a skilled Director of Operations to join their team. This individual will possess 15+ years of manufacturing management experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
The Director of Operations will develop and implement short-term strategies to achieve the annual operating plan and long-term strategies, through world-class manufacturing techniques, to optimize manufacturing capacity and capability. This position provides strategic leadership to develop and drive implementation of the Crowne Production System and to support manufacturing operations transformation initiatives. The Director of Operations will identify, coordinate and actively participate in value chain improvement initiatives within manufacturing operations to support the achievement of an integrated supply chain strategy. The Director of Operations will report directly to Chief Operating Officer.
1. Drive operational performance and efficiency related to initiatives that optimize costs, productivity, quality and customer service.
2. Lead and drive safety strategies to develop a strong safety culture and eliminate injuries.
3. Communicate and work effectively cross-functionally in quality, human resources, engineering, sales and program management.
4. Identify and implement changes by analyzing manufacturing operations and developing alternatives to continuously improve product quality, cost reductions and implement process improvements.
5. Formulate manufacturing policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
6. Drive to industry best delivered cost.
7. Build talent capability within manufacturing operations by recruiting and/or developing operational leadership.
8. Provide leadership in quality systems and processes that will produce product to industry leading quality levels.
9. Ensure inventory levels are maintained to support production while meeting financial benchmarks for turnover and inventory accuracy.
10. Define KPIs to measure and evaluate progress.
11. Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by Chief Operations Officer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP designation preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
2. A minimum of 10-15 manufacturing operations, preferably in the automotive industry.
3. Experience with multi-plant operations.
4. Experience in manufacturing and operations with significant complexity.
5. Lean Implementation and Six Sigma experience preferred
6. Proven P&L experience.
7. Experience working in a union environment a plus.
8. Strong leadership, analytic and communication skills needed.
9. The ability to understand and promote a culture of process improvement.
10. Must be a strategic thinker in order to anticipate the future manufacturing development needs of the business.
11. Strong analytical abilities. Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends in data.
12. Standardization of manufacturing processes and visual management systems and procedures.
13. In depth knowledge of Lean practices for standardized work, SMED, DOE, TPM and manufacturing planning and scheduling.
14. Strong technical knowledge of the Supply Chain business processes. (Plan, Source, Make and Deliver)
15. Strong problem solving skills.
16. Strong planning and implementation skills.
17. Strong organizational capability building / talent acquisition ability. Strong negotiating and decision making skills.
18. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels.
19. Must possess excellent relationship building and networking skills
20. Must be a leader and strong motivator.
21. Must have strong knowledge of finance and financial tools – Income Statement, CAR process, Balance Sheet, etc.
If you believe you meet the qualifications of this role please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org