Our GTA Client is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
1 Year Contract Possible Extension
- Support all company safety programs, policies, and procedures and ensure they are effectively communicated to all employees. Immediately alert management to any serious safety issues and work to implement effective solutions.
- Provide support for all environmental related recordkeeping and administration to include compliance with permits, operating conditions, sampling and regulatory standards.
- Maintain current and accurate information on the company’s Incident Management System website. Maintain safety records, including training, evacuations, and accident and incident records.
- Conduct periodic environmental health and safety inspections and support department managers/ supervisors to follow action plans ensuring all safety and environmental issues are resolved.
- Strong presence on the production floor. Observe and coach department managers and employees in hazard recognition identifying possible safety concerns/areas of improvement and improving safety culture.
- Develop and provide company-wide training to employees in accordance with, OH&S Act, OSHA, environmental regulations, and company standards.
- Co-chair JHSC Meetings and responsible for the Early Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) program
- Strong Claims Management Experience – experience with WSIB related claims, contacting WSIB; experience with appeals and tribunals a strong asset.
- BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management, Environmental Sciences or related field
- Minimum 5 years progressive HSE responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in training course development, computer based training programs and training tracking systems
- Must have working knowledge of Canadian occupational safety legislation (OH&S Act) and environmental reporting and regulations.
- Knowledge of U.S. occupational safety (OSHA) and environmental (EPA) regulations and recordkeeping a strong asset
- Administration and working knowledge of ISO14001, TS, OHSAS 18001
- Effectively communicates with co-workers, supervisors and managers in both written and verbal form. Must exhibit a professional and positive approach.
- Experience with Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) programs, Lean/Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma training/5S training/certification a plus
- Proficiency with leading office software programs (i.e. Excel, Work and Access)
- Comply with Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Abides by Company rules, policies and procedures
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Bending, Reaching, Lifting up to 25lbs
- Must have necessary hearing, vision, speech to perform all functions of job
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com