CES currently is searching for a Health and Safety Specialist for the Windsor area. If you have over 3 years’ of current experience then we are interested in speaking with you.
Work in compliance with all applicable Quality, Safety and Environmental Operating Systems:
- Implement environmental systems that meet ISO 14001 standards
- Review and update safety systems that meet Governmental and internal standards.
- Keep abreast of federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Support programs that support Health & Safety systems that meet OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Report on performance of HSE Management system and any need for improvements while promoting awareness of values and principles of HSE Policy throughout the organization:
- Year over year improvement in safety record
- Year over year improvement in environmental key indicators as determined by the management team.
- Maintain records and coordinate investigation of work-related accidents, injuries, illnesses and incidents and make recommendations to reduce or eliminate root causes.
- Coordinate employee training programs for accident and fire prevention.
- Coordinate WSIB Claims management and Return To Work Program
- Recommend and implement programs to reduce and eliminate loss time accidents
- Coordinate inspection audits of facility and equipment to identify health and safety hazards and follow-up corrective action.
- Responsible for waste minimization, recycling, reduction of hazardous chemicals, pollution control, health/safety/environmental training, permits disposal and regulatory requirements.:
- Coordinate and monitor environmental control activities.
- Keeps management informed of health/safety/environmental activities.
- Recommend and implement programs that support Corporate excellence for environmental systems.
- Tracking outstanding JHSC and other health and safety related open issues and ensuring they are addressed in a timely fashion
- Certified Management representative for Joint Health & Safety Committee and accountable for all meeting and supporting activities.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Attention to detail
- Other duties as required.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Industry professional who will adhere to company policies, procedures and business ethics
- Must be familiar with and be able to implement legislative, customer, corporate, departmental, and job-related environmental requirements.This would include the standards, procedures, work instructions and forms.
Salary- $70 $80K based on experience
Please submit your resume to Laura@canadianexecutivesearch.com