Now hiring for a Human Resources Manager in Chatham-Kent. Salary range is 85-90K. Please send your resume and salary expectation to apply.
- Review and maintain human resources policies, ensuring they reflect current legislation requirements
- Develop and implement labour relations policies, making recommendations for changes
- Develop and implement health and safety, serve as co-chair of the Health and Safety committee
- Manage WSIB claim, disability and return to work
- Provide support and guidance with collective agreements, helping other management members resolving any employee issues, working with the union to resolve and grievances
- Full cycle recruiting, preparing job descriptions, keeping job boards current
- Candidate screening, reference checks, background checks
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of all human resource functions.
- Oversee the scheduling process including the development of base rotations, posted schedules, schedule adjustments, etc.
- Manage the performance review process including identifying training and development opportunities.
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings, surveys, communications and participate actively on various joint committees (i.e. ERC, JHSC, Wellness). Develop and implement programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction, commitment and morale.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educations workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing business networks and being an active member of HR and safety associations.
- 7+ years experience at a management level.
- Three years experience working in a union environment with a Collective Agreement.
- Experience in the non-profit sector an asset
- Strong knowledge of Pay Equity Act, Employment Standards Act, Accessibility for Ontarians Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and any other applicable legislation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and HRIS systems.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Reliable vehicle for use at work with at minimum $1million vehicle liability insurance
- Must be flexible with hours for meetings, functions, educational opportunities, etc.
- Criminal background check
Send your resume to Lisa to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org