Canadian Executive Search is currently looking to fill a Janitorial role in the Windsor area. In this position the duties, responsibilities and guidelines for this position will evolve over time as the situation changes with respect to product and services offered by this company.
OUTLINE OF DUTIES:
Under general supervision, performs routine and preventive maintenance cleaning duties.
- Cleans washrooms, changes garbage cans, mops, and sweeps the floor.
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms, and common areas.
- Collects and disposes garbage/waste to the proper disposal bins.
- Complete non-routine/emergency cleaning for aisle, facility, and press clean-ups.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Maintains the cleanliness on the outside of the facility (parking lot, windows, etc.)
- Maintains the employee walkways during winter season (snow shoveling and salting)
- Maintains company recycle program including accumulating and disposal of recyclables.
- Operates and maintains Floor Scrubber machine and equipment.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Ensure facility is always kept clean
- Set up for events (tables, chairs, etc.) such as luncheons.
- Other unrelated job tasks as required (assisting with other depts. when required, etc.)
- Comply with all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices, policies and procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
- Experience working as a janitor
- Ability to assist with Janitorial functions at other facilities.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Will require or be trained for Forklift license.
- Communicate clearly and follow oral and written instructions with strong attention to detail.
- Available to work days (6:00 am – 2:00 pm) and afternoons (2:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
- During the winter months, will be available to start at 5:00 am for snow removal.
- Methods and techniques related to the safe use, storage, and disposal of paint and cleaning products and chemicals, and safe cleanup techniques and practices.
If you are interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org