Our client is looking for a Full Time Press Set-Up Operator in Brampton.
Shifts: Straight Days, Afternoons OR Nights
- Completion of High School
- Basic understanding of English (oral and written)
- Experience with measuring equipment (i.e. vernier, micrometer, etc.)
- Minimum 6 months of manufacturing experience
- Previous punch press operating experience, Punch press safety training
- Must be physically capable of performing work required
- Possess valid forklift license an asset
- Crane certification is an asset
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
- Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
- Support Quality System, Health, Safety and Environmental Management System
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their coworkers placed in an unsafe condition Responsibilities:
- Operating a press line and set up die and coil and/or perform other duties according to specific job instructions provided (i.e. coil replacement, lockout procedure, OK to run checklist, first off, etc)
- Perform set up functions as required
- Work in a safe manner, obeying all health and safety rules and regulations. Report all unsafe acts and conditions to your supervisor, HR Manager and/or the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Follow instructions/ direction as required by Supervision
- Complete all production and quality documentation in an accurate and timely manner • Ensure that only quality parts are passed on to the next operation
- Contribute to continuous improvement, productivity, quality, customer service, cost reduction, safety and housekeeping Working Conditions • 100% plant floor (PPE required) Effort/Physical Demands
- Require communication with employees, peers and management • Lifting and pushing as needed Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
- Must work in accordance with health and safety regulations, company rules, plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- All employees are prohibited from walking under a suspended hoist, cranes or forklifts.
- All employees must follow all LOTO procedures • Comply with all environmental requirements including our recycling program.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position please email your resume to email@example.com