Our client is looking for a Materials Manager. Please see below for details:
The Materials Manager is responsible for the maintenance of customer communication relative to releasing activity. The Materials Manager is also responsible for all material inventory levels and scheduling activity. In the performance of these duties, the Materials Manager will maintain excellent rapport with customers leading to complete customer satisfaction.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and ensure that subordinates are trained appropriately;
- Provide leadership and training for all subordinates in the day to day function of their standard job procedure;
- Communicate scheduled build requirements to the Purchasing and Production Departments and ensure the execution of the requirements to meet customer demands;
- Control levels of purchased goods, work in process and finished goods;
- Ensure the efficient execution of responsibilities as outlined in the job descriptions for each position within the dept;
- Ensures the use of operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material, including returnable containers, inventory, EDI/Order Processing, production scheduling and material delivery process;
- Maximize the utilization of manpower and equipment;
- Provide management with reports, charts and analysis as required;
- Take the leadership role in process redesign to ensure the most efficient utilization of plant loading;
- To manage all aspects of the business relating to shipping/receiving, lean vision and containerization;
- Meet budgetary spending targets for the departmental cost centre.
- Ensure that quality standards are communicated and enforced within the department.
- Ensure that safety standards are identified, communicated and enforced within the department.
- Ensure that training requirements for each departmental employee are identified and plans are in place to close any gaps.
- Ensure that environmental standards are identified, communicated and enforced within the department.
- Initiate, where required, employee counseling and disciplinary action.
- Perform a minimum of one yearly performance evaluation for each departmental employee.
- Maintain housekeeping standards within the department.
- Ensure the fair administration of all company policies including wage and benefit packages.
- Maintain communication and utilize the expertise of other departments as required.
- Ensure the efficient execution of responsibilities as outlined in the job descriptions for each position within the department.
- Canadian and American Production/Inventory Control Society (CAPICS) certification is required
- A post-secondary education in a related field
- A minimum of five years experience within a production control environment
- Superior organizational and communication skills
Please forward resumes to email@example.com