CES has a client with an immediate opening for a Materials Manager
Pay is up to $100k/yr
This is a Direct Hire.
Education: Post-Secondary school diploma or degree in Materials Logistics, Business, related technical field or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 years experience in Materials and Logistics in an automotive manufacturing environment
Skills: Organizational and time management skills
Strong leadership and both verbal and written communication skills
Mathematical aptitude, computer skills
Detail and quality oriented
Training: Training requirements and courses will be specified on the training matrix.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including but not limited to all requirements outlines in Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28.
- Review, understand, enforce and comply with all policies and procedures in the Health and Safety Manual.
- Maintain quality standards on all products and processes
- Maintaining a system of control in which quality can be developed and improved in a lot-controlled, traceable environment
- Exercise compliance with TS 16949 standards when implementing and performing all company procedures
- Integrate environmental practices and commit to the continuous improvement of the EMS
- Exercise compliance with ISO 14001 standards
- Oversee the Materials Department
- Full accountability for all incoming, in house and outgoing Material metrics
- Responsible for the complete Materials value stream from vendor to customer
- Coordination of all manufacturing activities to achieve efficient operations on an ongoing basis
- Direct and control manufacturing and shipping activities
- Establish procedures for inventory control and supervise activity and effectiveness
- Review activities of purchasing department to ensure schedule meets requirements of manufacturing
- Participate in quality controls of all departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Evaluate labour requirements to meet the needs of efficient operations throughout the facility
- Maintain communications with customers to properly evaluate their current and future plans
- Prepare master level plan to ensure manufacturing is capable of economically providing with is needed now and in the future
- Preparation of release information to sister companies
- Evaluate premium freight in and out of the plant
- Manufacturing order maintenance
- OBS claims to customers
- Communicate with department managers within the facility to ensure coordinated efforts are being pursued to achieve the goals for the General Manager.
- Foster a positive team environment with other members of the Management Team to ensure coordinated efforts are being pursued to achieve the goals for the General Manager
- Complete workplace inspections and process audits as required and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
How To Apply:
Email your resume to Chris@canadaianexecutivesearch.com