CES is seeking a Millwright/Industrial Maintenance Mechanic of our client in Sarnia
In this role, you will be a unionized employee as part of our maintenance team. As a maintenance team member you will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to line calls and equipment failures. You would routinely perform work independently and must be able to work in an environment with many distractions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety, while
performing your duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
– Be familiar with and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements, as they relate to the job function
– Provide support in troubleshooting, repairing and making system improvements (optimization), to ensure quality and efficiencies within the department
– Identify root cause of equipment failures and follow-up on feasibility of modifications
– Demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving results
– Perform preventative maintenance to defined schedules
– Assist and support in all other technical areas, where required
– Ensure all operator safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
– Maintain a clean and environmentally safe workshop and production lines.
– Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
– Ontario Certificate of Qualification in the required field- Millwright
– Certification in Lift Truck is an asset
– 2-3 years of demonstrated knowledge of basic electrical and machining (mills, lath and grinders) experience.
– Demonstrated ability to use measuring instruments (micrometers, verniers and calipers)
– Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, pumps, gear boxes, bearing, seals and alignment of couplings
– Demonstrated knowledge of rigging and welding.
– Demonstrated knowledge of English, both oral and written
– Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
– Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
– Ability to work rotating shifts
– Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
– Ability to uphold confidentiality
– Ability to work overtime to meet customer requirements
– Ability to bend, crouch and climb as required
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required
– Experience using/programming PLC’s is an asset
Call our London office at 519-438-1200 or email your resume to email@example.com