Location: Appleton, WI
6 Month Contract
11 PM to 7 AM
- The occupational Health Nurse is responsible for oversight of the facility’s occupational health programs and other related issues. This role functions as a health consultant, program manager working alongside management employees and outside medical providers.
- Manage injuries/illnesses in the Temporary Alternate Work (TAW) program
• Develops and documents Return to Work plans for employees in TAW
• Maintains documentation in SHRMIS
• Communicates with employees, medical providers, third party administrators, and operations managers
• Compiles / provide reports as needed
• Support assigned district in relevant activities related to employees returning to work from personal illness/injury.
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers for injury care as well as DOT and other necessary employee examinations.
• Work with Labor, Operations, and Health and Safety management to evaluate and maintain TAW appropriate job assignments.
• Collaborates with Risk Management to identify process improvement regarding TPA and its vendors
• Develop, implement, and evaluate wellness activities and programs
• Support corporate wellness programs
• Mentor and support wellness champions
• Assess safety data to develop and implement injury prevention activities and programs
• Develop, implement and evaluate injury and illness prevention activities in targeted buildings
• Conduct training with individuals, small groups, or via conference calls as needed
• Knowledge of federal regulations in regards to FMCSA, ADAA, FMLA, OSHA record keeping, and OSHA surveillance programs
• Knowledge of specific State regulations as it pertains to personal medical leave and accommodation programs
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers (Vendor Management)
• Assess effectiveness of Company wide regulatory programs by conducting and / or participating in corporate audits
• Registered Nurse
• Prefer COHN, COHN-S, and/or CCM
• 3-5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and/or Emergency Room nursing
• 1-2 years’ experience in Case Management
**To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**