Hiring Now/ Immediately
Location: Lafayette, IN
1st & 2nd shift Available
Medical Benefits, Attendance Bonuses & Referral Bonuses.
The Packing Associate is responsible for the packaging of a variety of manufactured products. Jobs that a position associate can do include crane operator, de-stacker operator, packer, bander operator, and material handler.
- Performs production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, wrapping, and sorting;
- Safely operates 50-ton overhead crane to stage material racks for packing;
- Removes material from the racks by operating an automated de-stacker;
- Maintains traceability by recording data in EPICS such as items processed;
- Assembles finished good bundles by pulling the pack specification and keeping track of piece count;
- Moves product and inventory using a forklift;
- Reviews and follows all Standard Operating procedures for processes;
- Ensures that all quality objectives are followed and met;
- Safely operate equipment in packing areas on a daily basis;
- Reports and reviews any unusual condition with supervisor, quality or manager;
- Maintains department 5S condition;
- Actively works to correct any unsafe conditions;
- Completes Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned;
- Participates in problem-solving activities within teams for improvements;
- Uses lean tools to drive safety, quality and productivity improvement;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- Minimum 1-2 years manufacturing experience;
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Maintain the production pace of other team members;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to work 12-hour shift, EOWEO schedule.
If you are interested in this position please send all resumes to email@example.com