Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the processing of payroll for multiple companies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audit payroll/personnel records by entering changes in exemptions, garnishments and job classifications
- Maintains procedures to review and approve all hours submitted by Supervisors/Managers and address inquires with regard to pay and time off policies
- Reviews payroll audit reports prior to transmission to ADP.
- Review payroll registers for accuracy and transmits payroll files to ADP for each assigned pay group
- Creates and reconciles general ledger for each payroll run and submits to Finance. Resolves discrepancies with Bookkeeper.
- Maintain attendance records including vacation and Personal Emergency Leaves
- Maintains payroll records in accordance with ESA
- Reconciles and balances year-end T4 processing to ensure accurate reporting of wages and taxes to employees and withholding tax authorities
- Keeps up to date with ADP system and updates including maintaining good working relationship with ADP Customer Service Representatives.
- Maintain ADP system changes including GL Account mapping, pay codes and time and attendance codes.
- Maintains payroll deductions in relation to benefit program.
- Assist with employee payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Assist in maintaining employee files and HR filing system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified payroll practitioner (PCP or CPM Certification considered an asset)
- 1-3 years of experience in payroll and ADP Workforce Now
- Knowledge of importing data into ADP Workforce Now
- Knowledge of payroll related legislative requirements including ESA compliance. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with timekeeping systems, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to reprioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Excellent documentation, communication, computer and time management skills.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com