This opportunity is located at a local chrome plating manufacture.
PROCESS LAB TECHNICIAN
temp to hire position
Work hours: Training will take place on first shift (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) for approximately three months. Upon training completion, your shift will be third shift (10:30 pm – 7:00 am).
Reporting to the Process Engineer, the Process Lab Tech is responsible for:
- Monitor baths and chemistry, check drum levels. Change if needed.
- Make necessary chemical adds
- Check scrap sheets for process problems.
- Keep up with chemical preventive maintenance.
- Monitor waste treatment.
- Troubleshoot processes.
- Maintain SPC charts.
- Communicate with Technicians, Platers, Waste Treatment Operators, Supervisors and the Process Manager.
- Do analysis wet titration.
- Maintain the assigned instruments and equipment in optimum operating equipment.
- Serve as a member of Emergency Response Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership experience or skills and ability to provide direction to others
- Solid work history
- Industrial Lab experience or experience working with chemicals preferred; preference will be given to candidates with either electroplating and manufacturing lab experience or a chemistry degree and some job experience
- Tow motor experience preferred
- Basic general Math skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong focus and ability to adhere to safety protocols in the laboratory
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Must be able to pass pre employment screening process
If you are interested in this position please send resume to email@example.com