$60,000/year, benefits, OT after 45 hours
2nd or 3rd Shift Availability
- Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mold change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up as needed;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using part weights by using plastic data and using a systematic approach to optimizing current running process;
- Directs set-ups for molds using efficient mold change systems and robotics;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection molds and performs start-up and shut-down of molding systems;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses, molds and equipment.
- Knowledge of TPO’s/ABS/Nylons/PC’s.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform supervisory duties.
- 3-5 years general injection molding troubleshooting experience.
- 3+ years’ Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting required, automotive preferred.
- Technical training in higher order injection molding operations (SPC, DOE, Paulson, RJG, etc.)
- Skills to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics or other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Two years formal education in plastics technology or tooling.
- High School Diploma required.
- Strong understanding of injection molding equipment and machinery (experience with 50-1500 ton presses.)
**To be considered, please send your resume to email@example.com**