Canadian Executive Search in partnership with a worldwide leader who delivers productivity improvements for packaging lines and machines located in the/Kitchener Waterloo, ON area is hiring an PROJECT MANAGER/APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST, to be the liaison between the Sales and Engineering departments.
Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned projects for success, including technical scope definition, project kickoff, scope validation, schedule development, design approvals, manufacturing and start-up support, and cost, schedule and change control.
The Project and Applications Specialist communicates with customers and assigned team members, as well as other stakeholders on assigned projects, to lead them to successful project completion. Success will be measured in customer satisfaction, performance to budget and schedule, and quality of delivered projects as measured against Company standards.
The Project and Applications Specialist is also responsible to act as a “go-to” Design resource for providing pre-sales support to Account Managers and the Proposals Group, acting as the prime technical contact and providing Design leadership and input. Where appropriate, this employee will also engage other design expertise as appropriate, to support development of new, innovative solutions to solve customer problems.
The Project and Applications Specialist is responsible for achieving deadlines on assigned Projects, Design Releases, and Requests for Quote, while ensuring that internal and customer quality assurance specifications for all projects. The employee may work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments and the customer for support and continued project progress.
In addition to these duties, the Project and Applications Specialist will contribute to Strategic and Continuous Improvement activities to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness of the company, specifically in areas of Project Management, Design, and Vendor Development.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology – Design Diploma
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- 5 + years work experience in Mechanical Design and Automation (PLC’s) preferably in the packaging industry is considered an asset
- 3 + years’ experience in Project Management with a focus in Capital Equipment &/or Manufacturing
- A working knowledge of controllers and basic programing for PLC’s (RSLogix desirable) and HMI’s (FactoryTalk ME/SE desirable), electrical design, electrical components, devices, control theory, electrical circuit analysis
- 3-D modeling with SolidWorks with an understanding of e-PDM
- Valid passport with the willingness to travel to the USA and internationally
- Criminal background check, drug testing and a clean drivers abstract is all required
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and the experience that makes you the ideal candidate for this opportunity and include “Project & Application Specialist” in your subject line; Shelly Norton, Branch Manager; email@example.com
**Only qualified applicants will be contacted, thank you for your interest**