CES has a client int he Guelph area that is looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer.
This is a Direct Hire!!!!
Salary Range will be from $70,000-$90,000 DOE
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
- The Global Operating System Plays;
- OHSAS 18001: Health and Safety management system standard;
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management system standard;
- TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Company Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Companies Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department
Performance Indicators to align to Company Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external customers to ensure all quality requirements are met
- Interpret regulatory quality documents in order to apply them to manufacturing and quality systems.
- Be actively involved in quality planning (Control Plans, APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Gauging).
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Five to seven years of related experience.
- Experience with risk analysis and problem failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) for automotive products
- Experience in writing and executing engineering test protocols.
- Write quality assurance reports that describe manufacturing problems, corrective actions taken and preventative measures needed.
- Proposals are usually written for non-technical audiences such as clients and management.
- Ability to make presentations to senior management during annual meetings to provide an overview of areas such as product costing, maintenance and equipment failures which need to be considered when planning for the coming year.
- Assess suitability of candidates for specific positions.
- Review resumes to compare applicants’ experience and training to requirements of position.
- Evaluate applicants’ responses in job application interviews and interpret information provided by employment and personal references.
- Read operating and quality assurance reports to understand technical and operational information about facilities, processes and equipment.
- Experience in drawing interpretations and geometric dimensional tolerancing.
- Knowledge and experience in gauging methods, calibration, and gauge R and R’s.
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Lead and co-ordinate project teams which include other engineers, technologists, clients and contractors when designing, developing and building products or facilities.
- Proficient with MS Office and CAD applications.
- Familiar with material processes and TS16949 standards.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
- Conduct self directed studies by reading journals and trade publications.
- Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the engineering field.
HOW TO APPLY: