If you feel stuck in the mundane, everyday is the same routine, looking at four walls of a manufacturing plant and you’re simply just bored, keep reading….
This SERVICE TECHNICIAN role will provide you with exceptional experiences to travel the world, visit unique and diverse manufacturing facilities, work with a variety of different people and most importantly build on your technical and mechanical capabilities in the filed of machining.
Canadian Executive Search in partnership with a worldwide leader who delivers productivity improvements for packaging lines and machines located in the Kitchener/Waterloo, ON area is hiring an INDUSTRIAL FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN.
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the SERVICE TECHNICIAN visits customer facilities all over the world to install, maintain, troubleshoot and modify various custom packaging equipment and machines in a variety of industries including beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc.
- Liaison with manufacturing and engineering departments to assist with project builds
- Provide detailed, comprehensive feedback for root cause analysis to Design, Sales, Manufacturing departments about the installation process and products
- Required to retrofit parts, setup and operate conventional machine shop equipment to fabricate/modify parts
- Read blueprints, Solidworks, drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determining dimensions, tolerances and sequence of operations of finished work pieces
- Meeting customer needs during installations, solving production problems and training employees in the use of the supplied product
- Working in manufacturing in various sectors such as assembly, shipping/receiving or machine shop’s, responsible for following standard installation procedures
- Licensed Millwright or Tool and Die Maker or Machine Tool Builder rad certification required
- Valid passport with the willingness to travel internationally extensively for up to a month at a time
- Criminal background check, drug testing and a clean drivers abstract is all required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably working on conveyor lines
- All-encompassing experience of Machine Shop practices, using conventional machines such as Mills & Lathes
- Advanced experience with Microsoft computer software including Solidworks, 2D & 3D CAD programs and smart phone devices
- Strong English communication skills both verbal and written
- Customer service mindset with exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient problem solving, report writing, completing ISO documentation with accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player, positive and mature attitude with a willingness to work long hours to ensure customer expectations are met
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and the experience that makes you the ideal candidate for this opportunity and include “Service Technician” in your subject line; Shelly Norton, Branch Manager; email@example.com
**Only qualified applicants will be contacted, thank you for your interest**