Located in: Sterling Heights
- Sets ups, adjusts, and operates offset printing presses to print various printed materials.
- Makes adjustments, cleans, lubricates press to achieve successful printing operation.
- Performs all regular daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance for presses and other pressroom equipment in compliance with either manufacturer suggestions or Printing
Departments determined schedule.
- Develops and maintains the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of
the material being printed.
- Informs Supervisor of the need of materials, inks, and other supplies for the pressroom.
- Inspects work in progress and finished materials to ensure the quality standards and accuracy of printing is being maintained.
- Resolves technical problems with presses, inks , and other solutions as necessary.
- Responsible for calling attention of any problems with equipment to supervisor.
- Performs other related jobs within the department as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- College or trade school education is a plus
- Experience or training as a journeyman press operator is a plus
- Experience with various types of small presses
- Ability to detect defects in printed pieces while jobs are in progress and make adjustments for correction.
- Must possess a strong commitment to quality of work produced.
- Basic mechanical ability and a desire and ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of the operation of smaller offset printing
presses in general
If you are interested in this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org