CES is seeking an experienced Financial professional in Taxation for a local CK client.
Direct Hire 80-100K+/year
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of taxation concepts and reporting in relation to the retail industry
- Keep informed of current tax regulations and new developments and report findings to both the Legal and Regulatory departments; advise on new compliance matters to departments affected
- Completely and accurately analyze, report and submit information to financial, along with provincial and federal regulating bodies
- Develop, implement, and maintain excise tax reporting protocols and processes for each provincial body
- Calculate taxation on each product, shipment, province
- Prepare for and participate in audits as they arise, prepare quarterly and annual reports
- Manage taxation software and implement new features; research and be well-informed on new industry systems
- Familiar with ad valorem taxations/calculations in addition to excise tax calculations; record and track all calculations and excise stamps
- Prepare, review, and submit credit applications for each province as required
- Respond to tax related correspondence and concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain a documented system of tax report policies and procedures
- Oversee the reporting of the taxation function, including provincial excise taxation for each Canadian province ensuring regulatory objectives
- Compliance maintenance
- Work with team members on accounting systems, internal controls, tax reporting, and compliance management.
- Post Secondary in Accounting and/or Business Administration – CPA designation required.
- 3-5 years experience in a financial role, with superior knowledge of taxation regulations and reporting procedures.
- Experience in a financial role with a proven track record of achievement in Good Manufacturing Practice facilities is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including superior use of Microsoft Office applications with expert level proficiency in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement preparation.
- Demonstrate necessary comprehension of the English language.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com