CES is currently looking for an experienced Tool & Die Repair Person. If you are interested send your resume immediately for review.
- Responsible for the repair, setup, cleaning, and troubleshooting of production dies, tooling and equipment.
- Work with the production department with all tooling issues.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- Responsible for correct inventory, and parts needed for tool repair and maintenance.
- Initiate and conduct preventative maintenance on all dies.
- Requires upkeep of work required, last piece off each die, first piece off each die, and maintain die log book for each die.
- Operates all machinery and equipment in a safe manner.
- Fills out documentation as required.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and orderly.
- Follows work instructions and procedures.
- Perform various other duties as assigned under direction of the Tooling Manager.
Must hold a current 430A Tool & Die certificate
Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
Wage: $29 – $32/hr depending on experience
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration along with wage expectations