$100,000 – $110,000 per year, plus benefits, bonus
- Participate in hiring and lead the training and development of Tool Room staff. Encourage, foster and enable highly effective problem-solving among Tool Room staff.
- Manage day to day work activity such as changeovers, PM schedule, and repairs.
- Drive and maintain safety standards while being an active participant on the safety team.
- Support tooling preventive maintenance program.
- Create and maintain a Tooling reference tag required for each tool.
- Create and maintain standardization of press setup and teardown procedures.
- Provide focus, guidance and leadership in scrap reduction and uptime initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Teach, mentor, train, and provide guidance to tool and die makers equally across all shifts.
- Liaise between technicians, tool room maintenance teams and Engineering to ensure efficient and effective problem resolution and to ascertain continuity of application.
- Maintain and create inventory system for MRO (maintenance repair) to ensure tools can be quickly repaired.
- Maintain a continuous improvement philosophy, keep abreast of leading edge technology and methods to ensure best practices and processes.
- Participate in morning production meetings to facilitate problem solving on day to day issues.
- Reports to the Plant Manager
- 10+ years experience as a Tool & Die Maker/Machinist
- Industrial degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years of progressive tool room leadership experience in a related industry or discipline
- Experience in formal problem-solving and processes (i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN, Kaizen).
- High technical proficiency including expertise in Microsoft Office.
**To be considered, please send your resume to email@example.com**