Excellent Direct Hire Opportunity!!
Duties consist of supervision of qualified Tool & Die makers and General Contractors in a multi-shift environment
- Responsible for the management of general die maintenance and repair for automotive stamping dies, implementing and managing preventative maintenance programs and assisting plant operations with engineering solutions, troubleshooting and product launches.
- Candidate must have leadership ability and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Requires 5-7 years of experience with metal stamping dies (progressive, transfer, robotic tandem, deep draw). Will be required to communicate with customers and visit customer plants when the opportunity presents itself.
- Manage Engineering changes when required and manage work with outside tool shops including the development of new tools.
- Ability to review tools, develop recommended spare parts lists, and coordinate with outside vendors to stock proper inventory
- Monitor Tooling downtime and implement corrective actions for high downtime jobs
- Work closely with Production Control to understand the production schedule so that you can ensure tools are ready on a timely basis “prior to run schedule
- Identify and recommend current part “material deficiencies”
- Staying involved with Continuous Improvement team and projects
- Aid in the development of tool room staff
- Candidate must be familiar with trouble shooting and repair methods of stamping dies
- Knowledge and experience with metal working (both from a machining and welding standpoint)
- Certified tool & die designation a plus
- Engineering Degree a plus but not required.
- Automotive experience preferred
Qualified interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com