Our client in the Automotive industry has an immediate opening for a Safety Coordinator
Location: Detroit, MI
Start Date: Hiring Immediate
- Access the level of Health and Safety compliance with legislation, internal procedures, master and local contracts and the MIOSHA standards by regular walk through, inspections, testing, documentation checking etc. and follow up where deviations are found
- Provide advice, information or recommendations to management, engineers, supervisors and hourly employees concerning health and safety matters, including legislation, and following up where appropriate
- Co-ordinate and participate in audit activities in all U.S. plants
- Identify Health and Safety training needs, develop training programs and conduct training. This includes identifying outside contractors to conduct training where applicable
- Organize, attend, and participate in Health and Safety meetings, such as but not limited to; Joint H & S Committee, preparing minutes as required
- Develop and maintain systems to effectively analyse injuries and plant safety performance
- Attend and assist in resolving work refusals and ‘dangerous circumstances’
- Lead team investigations of incidents and accidents as required by company reporting procedure
- Specify personal protective equipment, guarding etc., as required
- Train employees on forklifts, areal lifts, crane operations, lock out tag out and incident investigations. Provide classroom training, organize, monitor and oversee the practical requirements provided by subject matter experts
- Create, maintain and analyze tables, charts and graphs to identify trends and focus safety efforts to reduce claims
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, a CSP certificate or 5-10 years of Health and safety experience preferred
- 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA rules and regulations, ANSI, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Awareness of external trends in occupational health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Effective computer skills, specifically excel and word.
This job is also known as: warehouse, production, assembly, general laborer
Since June 2020 – Canadian Executive Search Group Inc. (CES) a leading provider of staffing services and solutions has been acquired by Arrow Workforce Solutions (AWS), a premier provider of employment services throughout North America. We are a full cycle recruitment agency. The experience of CES and AWS enables us to offer a more refined and innovative approach for recruitment solutions for both contract and permanent positions within the Engineering, I.T, Finance, Management, Automation, Skilled Trades, Administration, Health Care and Light Industrial industries.
Want to apply? Please email your resume to email@example.com