CES is now hiring an Metal Finisher for an automotive client. Wages are $20-$21/hr and will reflect experience. Those interested are encouraged to apply with a resume. Some experience is required.
- Maintain the painting area, including the paint booth, in a condition consistent with the Health and Safety Policies of the Province of Ontario
- Maintain all equipment used in the painting process in a high state of repair and inform leadership of defective equipment needing repair or replacement
- Prepare the painting surface by removing rust, grease, dirt and other contaminants from the product so as to ensure a quality bonding of the paint to the product surface.
- After consulting with the Job Leader, ensure that the product is properly and neatly taped so that a paint finish is applied only where such a finish is required.
- Prepare the paint mixture and ensure that the colour, texture and viscosity of the mixture is in absolute accord with the specifications established by the customer.
- Wear all required safety and personal protective devices as mandated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and procedures related to painting activities.
- Paint the product as instructed by the Job Leader or Department/Plant Manager at a time determined by Plant Management
- Clean spraying equipment with solvent and return equipment and paint containers to the designated storage area.
- Assist in the removal of masking tape from the product after the finish has dried and passed a quality control inspection.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Graduation Diploma
- Completed Apprentice Program and Certification in the trade by the Province of Ontario, would be an asset
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
Please submit your resume to Traci to apply: [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.