Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions, has an immediate opening for a Buyer Specialist in the Detroit, MI area.
Location: Detroit, MI
Start: Hiring Immediately
Pay Rate: Up to $75k per Year + Bonus (DOE)
- Manage a given set of commodities towards achieving KPIs including but not limited to annual supplier cost improvements/manufacturing improvements, localization, VA/VE, quality improvements, and supply base development.
- Develop, implement and manage commodity strategies.
- Analyze costs to understand and evaluate supplier competitiveness.
- Develop detailed knowledge of main cost drivers to be able to properly compare new quotes/current prices and negotiate best component prices.
- Generate commodity cost estimates to build sourcing, negotiation, and supplier development strategies.
- Desirable to have experience purchasing components for electrical vehicles.
- Issue Purchase Orders for production components and tooling.
- Maintain proper procurement records such as non-disclosure agreements, RFQs, quotations, Supplier Agreement, Contracts, and recommendation sheets.
- Lead all forms of negotiation with the supply base for the commodities assigned.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop a mutually beneficial, long term relationship.
- Work both internally and externally to identify cost reduction opportunity and manage the associated activity through to completion.
- Monitor supply base performance and provide feedback in a formal business review setting on an annual basis.
- Serve as an escalation point for other departments on issues concerning the supply base.
- Develop plans and support of new program launches and projects.
- Develop supply base in North America for localization parts.
- Lead supplier benchmarking activity.
- May lead project team.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply base in support of business goals.
- Work closely with related key stakeholders, and manufacturing plants to ensure operational needs are achieved.
- Support Product Planning and Engineering projects.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation with interacting departments including Japan.
- Provide support to manufacturing plants for both strategic issues and supplier performance issues.
- Regular report out progress to management.
- Cost data management: update pricing data and resolve discrepancies working with buyers.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skill sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and data management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Program management experience preferred.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing process and costs preferred.
- Track record of working cross-functionally with others in a team-based environment.
- Experience working with non-U.S. based customers/suppliers preferred.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- AUTOMOTIVE BACKGROUND IS A MUST
- Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience.
- Automotive purchasing experience is required.
- Strong negotiation and excel skills required.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Finance
- Position requires traveling up to 25% of the time.
- Position might require moving equipment up to 10 pounds or less.
- Position does not allow telecommuting and employee must be present in the office.
- Position requires sitting stationary 90% of the time.
For more information, contact [email protected] or call 248-740-1204 (M-F 9am-5pm EST).