Canadian Executive Search Group is searching for experienced CNC Laser Operators to fill open positions at our clients facility in the Cambridge region!
- 3 years of experience in the metallurgic/laser field
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints and material tolerances
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and Trumpf machinery, lifting techniques
- Knowledge of ISO systems (asset)
- Ability to lift up to 30 LB required
- Ability to distinguish material types Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel
Duties and Responsibilities Cont
- Complete vacuum lift and crane daily checklist.
- Check machine and work area and ensure area is clear with no access restrictions or unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to the SUPERVISOR
- Ensure all electrical machine doors are securely closed.
- Inspect all hand tools and ensure all guarding and equipment is in good standing order
- Inspect all electrical cords for cuts, broken plugs and do not use if you feel it is not safe.
- Identify job file for order to be process
- Load nested program number into Laser controller
- Confirm material SN number matches Nesting number from job file
- Confirm material type and thickness and sheet size is correct to the nested sheet(s) in job file
- Load material onto pallet for processing using the vacuum lift.
- Cut the first test piece
- Make the necessary changes to your tech table to ensure proper cut edge
- Complete the first off inspection to ensure it meets customer drawing specifications
- Run production to complete quantity required for the job file
- Fill in information in job file
- Deburr parts to ensure no dross or tabs left in holes or cut-outs
- Stack finished parts on skid or bin ( as specified on job file)
- Print finished Part tags and attach to part
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Follow all company rules and policies
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using hoist
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators
- Maintain all ISO and OHSA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
- Complete weekly/daily Maintenance (clean out trays, wipe down machine etc)
- All other duties assigned
Want to Apply?
Please submit your resume to [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.