AWS/CES is looking for a CNC Machinist in Willoughby OH.
Highly Skilled CNC Machinist/ Gear Cutter
Willoughby, OH 44094
Pay: Starting at $25/hr
Shift: 2nd Shift, 3 pm – 1 am – M-F ($2.00 per hour night shift premium)
CES is urgently hiring top candidates for our open role as a Highly Skilled CNC Machinist. / Gear Cutter. We are seeking a candidate who has at least 5 years related experience and/or training, or a combination of experience plus college education. As a Gear Cutter, you will be required to set-up and operate multiple Gear-Cutting machining centers. You must be capable in setting-up and running 2 or 3 machines consistently at one time. In an 8 hour shift the machine utilization time (chip cutting time), at its optimum would be 16 hours for 2 machines or 24 hours for 3 machines
- Daily Maintenance for machines, including chip removal and lubrication.
- Clean and safe work area.
- Accurate and daily time logs submitted on machines per shift of work
- Ability to read and interpret drawing, follow routers, process sheets and work instructions.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (geometry, trigonometry, and basic math.) and statistical data plus apply concepts such as whole numbers and fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations, able to work with measurement devices.
- Set-up and run Turning, Milling, CNC Centers, Thread Milling, Worm Grinding, Drilling and Key Seating machines.
- The position requires that the individual be responsible and accountable in producing Quality parts in the shortest time
- Lift Truck (Fork-Lift) preferred
- Over Head Crane (Hoist)
- High School Diploma, with some College a plus or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The position requires a good background in machining, along with excellent knowledge in gear-cutting.