CES/AWS is looking for a Turning Machinist for an Industrial Manufacturer client
Location: Willoughby, Ohio
Shifts: 2nd shift
Compensation: $25-$35 + Full Benefits
To set-up and operate multiple Turning machining centers. Must be capable in setting-up and running 2 or 3 machines consistently at one time. Therefore in an 8 hour shift the machine utilization time (chip cutting time), at its optimum would be 16 hours for 2 machines or 24 hours for 3 machines. Also they at times may be assigned by the Shop Foreman to set-up and run Turning, Milling, CNC Centers, Thread Milling, Worm Grinding, Drilling and Key Seating machines. The position requires that the individual be responsible and accountable in producing Quality parts in the shortest time. The position requires a good background in machining, along with excellent knowledge in gear-cutting.
- * Company policies, procedures and processes to be followed.
- * Daily Maintenance for machines, including chip removal and lubrication.
- * Clean and safe work area.
- * Accurate and daily time logs submitted on machines per shift of work
- High School Diploma, with some College a plus or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing, follow routers, process sheets and work instructions.
- Ability to work with and understand tight tolerances and surface finishes.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (geometry, trigonometry, and basic math.) and statistical data plus apply concepts such as whole numbers and fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations, able to work with measurement devices.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Lift Truck (Fork-Lift) preferred
- Over Head Crane (Hoist)
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]