Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions, has an immediate opening for a Controls Engineer in the Ashville, North Carolina area.
Location: Mills River, NC
Start: Hiring Immediately
Compensation: $85K – $130K BASE + Benefits Package + Relocation Support
The Controls Engineer has expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for themselves and others and to serve as a leader and mentor to Automation Technicians and Maintenance Technicians. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals and is an integral part of our plant.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial automation systems, including but not limited to Siemens and AB PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems (plc messaging, middle-ware, and SQL), vision / barcode system and Fanuc Robotic applications.
- Modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Maintain and troubleshoot various types of automation instrumentation and devices such as servo drives, variable frequency drives, barcode readers and I/O.
- Develops manufacturing control systems by studying product requirements; researching, designing, testing / validating and implementing projects of varying scale and scope.
- Troubleshoot various media and communications issues on Ethernet/IP, DevicNet, ProfiNet and other communication protocols.
- Help coordinate and implement automation changes for manufacturing on new products
- Collaborate with maintenance personnel to troubleshoot equipment, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to maintenance, manufacturing engineering, and production personnel as required.
- Design and development of control systems for process, utilities, and safety related equipment
- Develop the GFL control systems standards
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Adhere to IATF/TS16949 and applicable customer standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Electrical, Systems, Manufacturing Engineering disciplines preferred or career experience coupled with an Engineering Degree
- A minimum of two years experience in industrial control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC and single loop controllers. Preferably should have working knowledge Siemens and AB PLC systems, GE Fanuc, CompactLogix, Mitsubishi, Networking Systems, Ladder Logic, Structured Text, Functional Block Diagram, SCADA systems (Ignition, etc.)
- Knowledge of PLC / DCS configuration, design, development, and assessment of machine control standards.
- Ability to evaluate the ability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations.
- Review equipment drawings to ensure the proposed designs satisfy the clients’ requirements and comply with all applicable standards.
- Determine which materials and equipment to use for projects and decide the appropriate codes and standards to apply when completing these projects.
- Contact suppliers to verify product availability, obtain equipment specifications and negotiate timely deliveries. Interact with others such as supervisors or managers for advice and direction, to discuss work and provide updates.
- Coordinate and integrate work within teams of engineers and technicians to work on common projects, assume project management roles as required to coordinate the involvement of other engineers, contractors, technicians, and suppliers.
- Interact with technicians or technologists for tasks such as creating code, schematics / drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals and developing plant maintenance schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in teams that include engineers, machinists, and architects to provide technical support and services.
- Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
Those with experience in the below fields are encouraged to apply.
- Plant Technician
- maintenance mechanic
- industrial control systems Engineer (ICS)
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]