Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions has an immediate opening for a Transportation Manager in the Contoocook, NH area for a Nation-leading Logistics client.
Location: Contoocook, NH
Pay Rate: 85K-115K base + Day 1 Benefits + Relocation Support (When applicable)
(medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance, PTO + educational assistance program,401(k) with annual company match)
The Transportation Manager establishes and maintains the smooth operation of the Transportation Department at a distribution center. The Designate Transportation Manager position is considered a training position. You will be expected to relocate to another division if and when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Outbound transportation experience at a distribution center; experience using Trimble/PeopleNet or similar transportation management systems (TMS); prior positions that offered increasing responsibility levels.
- Assist with providing 24-hour coverage.
- Maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support to the warehouse.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all delivery and backhaul activities.
- Drive key performance indicators for cost savings.
- Efficiently utilize manpower via proper scheduling and training to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
- This position has additional duties; special projects may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- 5+ years experience with all facets of outbound transportation; knowledge of distribution systems, including routing and backhaul/transfer procedures.
- 4+ years of accounting, planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience; ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.
- Experience managing large numbers of driving staff; experience with hiring, training, and motivating teammates and resolving employee relations issues.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access).
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Those with experience in the below fields are encouraged to apply.
- Transportation management
- Transportation Department Supervisor
- Distribution Dispatcher
- Logistics Manager
- Transport Operations Manager
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]