CES/AWS is looking for a distribution manager in Baldwinsville NY.
This is a direct hire position.
- DAY 1 BENEFITS such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, education reimbursement benefits, and more!
The Distribution Manager Designate establishes and maintains the smooth operation of the distribution/warehousing department. They ensure 24-hour coverage, manage Warehouse Supervisors and functional processes within the department, and maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support.
PREFERRED qualifications for this position include Grocery distribution experience and Six Sigma certification.
- Maintain a safe facility; coordinate the investigation of injuries, accidents, and unsafe conditions.
- Ensure that warehousing procedures drive profitability by offering cost-effective solutions.
- Prepare, manage and benchmark Distribution Center elements of profit and loss statements.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Assign accountability within staff for tracking and identifying trends in key performance indicators.
- This position has additional duties; special projects may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field. (Internal McLane experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- 5+ years of inbound and outbound warehouse experience.
- Experience managing large warehouse staffs with a background in hiring, training, and motivating employees and resolving employee relations issues.
- Familiarity with warehouse recordkeeping computer software.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
If interested, please email your resume to [email protected]