On behalf of our client, a manufacturing, industrial and quality engineering company, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking a full-time Dock Coordinator!
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Oshawa, ON
Shift: Days/ Afternoons/ Midnights
Wage: $25.00/ hr. + 4% vacation pay
- Logistics schedules/ requirements are understood and communicated;
- Inbound loads – receive and assess paperwork from truck driver, scan product into WMS, compare WMS Activity Report and BOL to verify quantities and product is correct.
- Outbound loads- utilize contacts to create an awareness of late trailers
- Remove damaged product from inventory
- Perform audits as required
- Supervise a team of unionized workers – following the CBA to:
- Oversee the unloading/ loading of product into the warehouse and/ or tractor trailers
- Ensure all employees follow processes and procedures
- Address performance problems through participating in corrective actions, progressive disciplines and dismissals
- Report all accidents/ incidents and near misses
- Report all activities against company policies/ procedure
- May be required to repeatedly lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- May be required to lift between 50-75 lbs. assisted
- Frequent use of hands, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, standing and reaching may occur
- There may be some stepping up, stepping down and carrying
- Must have past Supervisor / Team Leader experience
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts
- Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
- Successful pass of company medical
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalency
- College or University education an asset
- Valid Forklift License is preferred
Want to Apply?
Please submit your resume to [email protected]
Earn $50.00 when you refer a friend! Note: Referred candidates must work for four (4) weeks before referrers get their incentive.
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.