Our client is seeking a PERMANENT, GENERAL ACCOUNTANT to work in their Blenheim, ON facility
The successful applicant MUST have an accounting designation
Under the supervision of the Regional Site Manager and division/group Finance personnel, this position’s responsibilities will include; general accounting, forecasting, financial reporting & analysis and cost accounting, while providing support to AR, AP and inventory management. Work will range from clerical activities to more advanced accounting procedures. Person must be adaptable to change and willing to learn multiple accounting functions. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a requirement.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare Monthly Journal Entries and account analysis for month end reporting
- Prepare consolidation packages for Parent company in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Prepare and submit Quarterly and Annual Forecasts
- Track and report capital investment activity/requests (AFI forms)
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Provide responses to various information requests including, but not limited to, Weekly Order Intake details, Stats Canada reports, insurance values
- Prepare cost accounting support for multiple locations
- Provide ongoing analysis of business results
- Support payroll function in the accurate processing of payroll
- Support Account Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory Management
- Support the Regional Site Manager and HR Business Partner with various HR-related tasks including reporting, onboarding and offboarding of employees, and maintenance of on-site records
- Assist with other functions as needed
When selecting candidates, we will be looking for the following:
- Accounting Designation (CPA) or BAcc degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing/Corporate Accounting
- Knowledge and experience with IFRS is valuable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge of Spire and SAP an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Effective communicator with ability to explain financial results to non-financial personnel
- Adaptable to change in work requirements and willingness to learn multiple functions
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, and able to problem-solve.
- Must work with little supervision and be reliable to meet strict monthly deadlines.
- Ability to commute to Blenheim office location.