Our client in Belleville – (Wellington area) is looking for an associate to assist with the general farm work.
Why should I work here?
- Advancement Opportunities!
- Great Position to Learn and Grow!
- Immediate Start!
- Weekly Pay, with 4% Vacation pay included on each pay day!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Filling, Casing and Emptying harvest rooms, cleaning of tunnels, cutting strings at blending line, assisting in filling of case baskets
- Washing floors, nets, harvest rooms, filling and tunnel equipment
- Inspecting compost for oxygen levels, moisture and disease
- Set and monitor water, air flow and temperature of the tunnels and harvest rooms
- Examine mushrooms for quality and prepare for customers
- Records required documentation pertinent to packaging line operation on paper as well as entering into an IPAD
- Load labels and make adjustments to the line according to packaging orders
- Executes customer order as directed ensuring correct label, date code, and any other customer requirements, including advising line workers of the changes
- Capable of identifying obvious malfunctions of the equipment being used
- Working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions and climates
- Set up of the Quality tables, white boards, scales and required supplies in each room
- Assists Harvest Supervisor in controlling movement of Harvesters in and out of the rooms
- Checks the quality and weight of mushrooms that each harvester picks
- Adheres to Safety Policies, uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- As reasonably requested in aid of operations or culture compliance, performs other duties as assigned
- Must be eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions.
Hours of Work:
- 5 – 6 days/week – Start Time: 7:00AM (10 – 12 hrs/day)
- Average of 30 – 60 hours a week
EMAIL your current resume to [email protected]
This job is also known as: factory worker, Packer, assembler or general labour
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.