On behalf of our Client, a provider of distribution, warehousing, re-work and quality services, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking full-time General Labourer.
ONLY APPLY IF AVAILABLE FULL TIME AND LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA.
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
Shifts: Fulltime, Days and Afternoons rotation or straight Midnights
Must be available to work a 2-week rotating schedule! *Saturdays are mandatory.
Wage: $18.00/hour+ 4% vacation pay
Why should I work here?
- Steady shifts
- Clear shift rotation schedule
- Weekly pay
- Safe and productive work environment
|· Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalency preferred
· No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
· Pass company medical
· Candidate Must be able to understand and practice Kanban, and FIFO methods
· Intermediate computer skills an asset
|· Participate in sorts as required per work instructions in an efficient manner
· Follow all Standard Operating Instructions (SOI’S) as directed
· Understanding of ergonomics as it relates to setup and work cell flow
· Understand the requirements of the Company’s General Rules and Regulations
· Participate in safe work environment for fellow members
· Forward suggestions for continuous improvement
· Understanding of 5S
· Report all accidents / incidents and near misses
· Report all activities against company policy and procedures
· Other relevant duties
|· Diligence and accuracy to work instructions parameters
· Work assignments are performed in a safe and efficient manner
· Have a great safety record
· Have great communication skills
· Check all orders for quality, order accuracy and proper labeling
· Be self-motivated, a team player and a fast learner
· Be able to work with minimal supervision
|· May be required to repeatedly lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs unassisted
· May be required to lift between 50-75 lbs assisted
· Frequent use of hands, lifting, bending, stopping, twisting, standing and reaching may occur
· There may be some stepping up, stepping down and carrying
|· Office hazards minimal
· Lift truck traffic
· Warehouse related atmosphere
· CSA approved safety shoes
· CSA approved vest
· Hazards (physical, biological, chemical, musculoskeletal, psychosocial and safety) and PPE as identified by Company policies, procedures and practices.
$50 REFERRAL BONUS! Refer a friend!
Want to Apply?
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.