WANTED! General Labourer/Material Handler needed!!
Location: Chatham, ON
Immediate Hire Date
THIS IS A FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION (with added perks)
You will be responsible for;
*receiving product and sorting and maintaining inventory
* special requests and ensuring product delivered to the end customer is of the utmost quality
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Possess beginner to advanced knowledge of shipping and receiving and material handling process and procedures.
Knowledge of safe operation of general hand and power tools.
Knowledge of safe advanced operations of machinery and equipment.
Inspect and verify quality of finished products and accurate product count for delivery,
comparing to supporting order and delivery paperwork.
– Unload and receive product into shipping and receiving warehouse, maintaining efficient storage.
– Sort and organize
– Gather necessary materials to create stacks,
products for specific or specialty jobs.
– Document and report defects
– Transfer or load finished product with extreme care to storage or into Company vehicle
– Demonstrate initiative to complete tasks independently, with the support
– Complete required reports/administrative work immediately/as required throughout shift.
– Interact with customers, clients and/or vendors
Work in compliance with all administrative and health and safety policies and procedures, as per
legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
Ability to work in a quality, results driven and fast paced work environment.
– Ability to team lift and load heavy objects, up to 50 lbs.
– Ability to work in hot and humid and cold work environments.
– Physically demanding tasks (i.e., lifting, bending and standing/sitting for long periods of time).
– Ability to work extended hours or weekends when required.
– Participate in compulsory training as deemed necessary for the role.
– CSA steel toed construction grade safety shoes in production area.
– Means of daily/reliable transportation.
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to; [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.