Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineering manager for a leading engineering consultation firm in the Toronto, Ontario area.
Location: Markham, Ontario
Start: Hiring Immediately
Compensation: $120-$150K Base + Benefits PACKAGE
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineering manager you will play a critical role in the successful execution of our geotechnical projects. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from infrastructure development to environmental remediation. Your expertise will be instrumental in providing innovative solutions and ensuring the stability and safety of our clients’ structures.
• Lead geotechnical investigations, site assessments, and field studies.
• Well versed with a variety of soil mechanics analyses and design including
foundation engineering, settlement analysis and modelling, slope stability
assessments and competently perform conventional aspects of design engineering
and analysis and construction supervision.
• Perform geotechnical analysis and design for various projects, including foundations, slope stability, retaining walls, and earthworks.
• Conduct various tasks from proposal level to site investigation, in situ and
laboratory testing, site supervision and reporting.
• Manage and mentor junior engineers and technical staff.
• Prepare geotechnical reports and deliver technical presentations to clients.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to integrate geotechnical considerations into overall project design.
• Conduct quality control and assurance reviews of geotechnical work.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geological, Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, from a recognized university.Professional Engineer (PE) license in geotechnical engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering.
• Strong proficiency in geotechnical analysis software (e.g., CIVIL3D, GeoStudio™, LeapFrog, Rocscience, PLAXIS, GEO5, or equivalent).
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
• Detailed knowledge of the geotechnical and geological aspects of soil and rock
characterization, logging, foundation design, geotechnical analysis and report
preparation for building (low, medium and high rise buildings)
• Detailed knowledge of infrastructure projects (sewer, pipeline, road, tunneling, micro-tunnelling, bridges, etc.), bearing capacity and settlement analysis, slope stability assessment (with emphasis on TRCA and other relevant guidelines), design and remediation, engineering for embankment, road and pavement, ability to identify geohazards
• knowledge of Geo-structural design, instrumentation & monitoring and water
Those with experience in the below fields are encouraged to apply.
• Structural Engineer
• Environmental Geologist
• Environmental Engineer
• Mining Engineer
• Civil Engineer
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]