Canadian Executive Search Group is looking for a motivated individual for the position of a Greenhouse General Labourer in the Cannabis Industry. This is a full time, permanent position with an immediate start.
Location: Kingsville, ON.
- Maintaining compliance with the Cannabis Act during harvesting
- Cutting/pruning and transplanting plants
- Removing leaves from live plants
- Cutting of flowers from the branches during harvest
- Composting plant waste and debris as part of the harvesting process
- Potting and re-potting plants, Plant Support [clipping, trellising]
- Spraying flowers and reporting signs of insect or disease damage
- May operate equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray plants
- Cleaning working area (production room) and related equipment (pots, stakes, etc.)
Previous knowledge and experience with Cannabis plants is preferred.
- Ability to follow safe procedures for use of fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides.
- Must be able to work in an enclosed and secure work area.
- Basic reading, writing and computer skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended period of times, and safely lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities. Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Employment is dependent on satisfactory criminal record check.
- Your Environment:
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (I.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net, ear plugs, safety glasses
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Noisy with fumes.
- Long hours which may entail 12 hours or more per working day.
- Conditions in the greenhouse may be hot and humid in the summer. Outdoor work may also be required.
- Prolonged standing, walking, lifting, squatting and bending.
Hours of work are Monday to Saturday with varying working hours, up to 12 hours a day.
Wage: $15.25 to start
Full time, Permanent
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]