Install HVAC equipment, accessories, within the manufacturer specifications and local codes.
- Safety operation of all new installations and instruct customers on proper care, maintenance.
- Responsible with a willingness to learn and grow as part of a progressive customer service oriented team.
- Always creating a positive relationship with customers; offering for sale other company products, services and with great customer service to communicate, problem solve, to always ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must comply to all safety rules.
- Never sell the customer a repair they do not need.
- Make sure customer understands the benefits of newer highly efficient equipment.
- Always maintain company vehicle to clean and safe standard.
- Successfully obtain HVAC leads and enroll CPP to company performance targets.
What do we offer?
- Competitive wages
- Company vehicle, tools, uniform and equipment all provided
- Consistent full-time hours and with opportunity for overtime
- Additional incentives ability available
- Education and training cost subsidy
- Paid apprentice leave for eligible Team Members
- On-the-job training and Career Paths to advance your career
- A comprehensive benefits and group savings plan available
- Discount on Reliance products
What do you bring?
- Company requirements with respect to general qualifications and have completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic (Ontario – 313D).
- Gas Technician ‘2’ (G2) license.
- Valid ODP certificate.
- Class G Driver’s License.
- Available to work rotating shifts as required.
- Physically capable of performing all work required for this position.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (ie. Electronics/ electricity).
- Company provided uniform to be worn.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.