CES is seeking an Electrician for an automotive client in Cambridge, Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician is responsible for, but not limited to,
diagnosing, and remedying any electrical problems in the plant.
• Participating in the preventative maintenance program.
• Repairing and maintaining production equipment, ensuring minimal downtime.
• Navigating through emergency equipment breakdowns and process failures.
• Installation and adjustment of new equipment or new parts to support growth and
continuous improvement of production operations.
• Installs, programs, or repairs programmable controllers, VFDs, etc.
• Develops, corrects, and verifies robotic path motions to ensure safety, quality, and
• Maintains and repairs building equipment including air compressor systems, water
treatment systems, lighting, etc.
• Understanding and following safe working practices, including lockout and isolation
• Follows all safety rules, guidelines and uses appropriate PPE.
• Responsible for maintaining a tidy, clean, and safe work environment on the floor and in
the maintenance areas.
• Maintains excellent 5S conditions.
• Works with contractors as necessary to implement new equipment or modify existing
• Licensed Industrial Electrician 442A with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant practical
• Experience with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
• Experience with robotics (KUKA or ABB considered an asset)
• Network communications
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong team player, able to interact with all levels within the organization.
• Able to read and understand equipment drawings and manuals.
• Must be able to work in a multi-skilled environment and maintenance aptitude to learn skills
other than area of expertise.
• Proficient with Allen-Bradley 5000, 500, and Panel View Plus.
• Previous experience with CMMS programs would be considered an asset.
• Previous experience in a high-volume stamping and assembly environment would be
considered an asset.
• Previous experience with ABB and KUKA would be considered an asset.
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.