Canadian Executive Search Group is looking for an Inventory Specialist for our client in the Milton Region!
The Inventory Specialist oversees and is accountable for the movement of all Materials to ensure the efficient flow of production and its associated paperwork, such as Incoming Inspection, Shipping and Receiving documents. The Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day activities of inventory control.
The Specialist is part of the production planning team, determining requirements for each customer Order. For the Parts sales business the Inventory Specialist oversees the timely shipment of parts to customers.
Warehouse and Inventory Management are a key part of this role. Efficient and effective management of inventory, coordinating appropriate stock levels with Purchasing. Managing an effective and efficient Parts team is a critical part of our clients success and one that minimizes unnecessary cost of inventories, while mitigating out-of-stock situations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Manage Parts team and ensure all parts are picked, kitted, and delivered to production on time
2. Coordinate the move of material and equipment to and from racking to required production areas
3. Accountable for the timely release of shipments from quarantine to the floor
4. Manage cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are as needed, reporting any required adjustments on re-order levels
5. Manage Kanban of In-House manufactured items
6. Ensure MRP software is kept updated on Location, On Hand quantities and the like
7. Develop and implement Cycle Counts in line with FIFO manufacturing process
8. Train Parts team on warehousing processes and usage of safe equipment
9. Accountable for the shipment of Parts sales to customers within the established target of 48 hours
10. Develop loss mitigation processes
11. Coordinate with Purchasing on the resolution of overages, shortages, damaged or incorrect shipments
12. Labelling and bar code scanning of inventory
13. Maintain, update, and improve Inventory operating processes to increase efficiency, and train Parts team
14. Work with other teams including Sales, Production, Quality and Purchasing
15. Report to management and advise on process improvements
16. Other Duties as assigned
▪ Exceptional organizational skills
▪ Self-starter and self-motivated
▪ Keen eye to details and processes
▪ Plans and acts when appropriate
▪ Builds and maintains collaborative and constructive working relationships
(internally and externally)
▪ Effective at Leading People
▪ Communicates effectively with all business partners
▪ Customer service oriented
▪ Demonstrates clear and respectful communication skills in all situations
▪ Understands key processes and systems within the organization related to their
▪ Ensures workflow is conducted efficiently while consistently seeking ways to
improve outcomes and enhance results
▪ Well-developed communications skills
▪ Knowledge of ERP/MRP system
▪ Solid business knowledge relating to the Work Truck Business
▪ 5+ years’ experience in a Materials Management or Inventory Control role
▪ Knowledge of all tools required (e.g. project databases, MRP, CRM’s and other
tools that may be required)
▪ Working knowledge of Customs compliance
▪ Strong knowledge of parts and warehouse processes
▪ Solid knowledge and understanding of all product lines
▪ Ability to listen and communicate concisely and effectively
▪ Strong business sense and industry expertise
Want to Apply?
Please submit your resume to [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.