Our client in the Cannabis Industry has an immediate opening for an IPM Team Member position and is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join their team! The ideal applicant is someone with an interest in the greenhouse industry who would like to grow with the company.
Location: Kingsville, ON.
· Inspection of crops for signs of infestation
· Pest Identification
· Application and assessment of monitoring devices
· Preparing and applying of pest/disease control products
· Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations and/or standards
· Completing and preparing appropriate documentations as required
· Room cleaning and equipment cleaning
· Assist in other duties as required
· Completion of High School Diploma
· Able to pass the Ontario Pest Control Technician exam and Ontario Exterminator Exam for Greenhouse
· Applicator Technician License considered an asset
· Previous experience in a greenhouse or growing plants considered an asset
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently and as a team member
· Understanding of computers, Microsoft Office and Email considered an asset
· Must have own transportation as facility is not on a bus route
· Condition of employment is subject to a background check
· Work environment can be warm and humid, similar to a greenhouse environment
· Able to wear the appropriate PPE including a full-face mask and spray suit as needed
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
· Standing & walking for long periods of time
· Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching
· Ability to perform a series of repetitive operations requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity
· Able to work flexible hours including weekends as needed.
Hours of work are Monday to Saturday (weekends as needed), 8am-5pm.
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]