Our client in the (addiction) rehabilitation rehab industry has an immediate opening for a part-time kitchen and housekeeping worker,
We offer: weekly payroll and a referral bonus
The Food Service Staff facilitates the timely and accurate production of meals that meet general dietary requirements.
- Presents a positive and professional image at all times
- Good time management and quality orientation
- Self-motivated, self reliant and flexible
- Good problem solving, sound judgement and decision making
- Accountability, dependability, ethical
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ensure all meals and snacks are prepared and served according to established standards and on schedule.
- Ensure the quality of meals in regards to taste and presentation.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared and portioned out.
- Serve and store food at the proper temperature and in proper sealed/covered containers.
- Prepare in advance for weekend meals.
- Consideration will be given for clients with medically/religious supported dietary restrictions.
- Ensure safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food.
- Wash dishes.
- Adhere to all regulations including infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Hold current Food Handling Safety Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years kitchen experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation required.
- Principles of safe food handling required.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word and e-mail required.
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Works with a variety of kitchen equipment.
- First Aid Certification required.
- Interacts with residents, and staff.
- Strenuous physical activity involved (walking, standing, lifting).
- On feet most of work day.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to negotiate flights of stairs.
Sunday (10 am – 6 pm, (with 2 hours of housekeeping within this time slot), Monday,-kitchen 10 am to 6 am, Tuesday-housekeeping 10 am to 3 pm, Wednesday -housekeeping 10 am to 3 pm
*must complete a criminal background check
*have transportation (as work is out of town)
If you are interested, please send resume to; email@example.com