On behalf of our Client, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking Lab Tech Entry I – Decatur, IL
- Prepare process and finished product samples; perform analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and record results using computerized data systems.
- Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.
- Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies operations of required adjustments.
- Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.
- Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
- Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines. Education/Training
- Must Have :2 or more years science degree
- Experience Preferred: Good attendance history.
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Demonstrates sufficient computer skills to utilize lab instrument operation programs.
- Familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, Word)Experience with lab documentation.
- Experience with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer)Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations associated with lab testing. Previous plant experience
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to team build.
- Good organizational skills. Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Attendance and punctuality
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.