Our client in the agriculture business is seeking a Lead Hand – PERMANENT
Location: Palmerston, ON
Wages: $21.00/hour – $23.00/hour
- Receives grain (unloading, grading, moisture testing), and then bins, blends and ships grain to the required specifications including proprietary Grain accounting software program;
Ensures the quality of grains received and shipped matches company and CGC standards;
• Consistently meets all loading requirements to ensure that customers receive the products and services they require in an efficient and timely manner;
• Manages the location grain inventory by following existing controls to minimize inventory losses & maintain Grain quality;
• Works with Logistics/Organizations & “partner” to coordinate the shipments, and carriers (rail or truck) to determine what is required for the location (both parties) to maximize opportunities;
• Consistently meets all rail car and truck loading requirements.
- Work closely with Production Supervisor to manage expenses and remain within budget;
- Understands cost of production and maximize efficiencies to reach assigned KPIs;
- Efficiently executes of plans and schedules of operations staff ensuring staffing levels are always appropriate and that seasonal staff have proper training and direction & customer needs are met
- Leads the location production team all grain activities on a daily basis.
Involved in planning and implementing processes to create a safe environment and achieving production goals with the effective use of the asset.
• Assists in maintaining corporate and legal requirements such as Quality, HACCP, EH&S & environmental audits/inspections and location security audits.
• Ensures the facility and yard are clean and safe for customers and employees.
• Conducts plant inspections and monthly safety audits with staff and reviews and plans for remediation of any deficiencies.
- You possess a diploma and/or certification in a related field, combined with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- You are physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs;
- You are a team player;
- You demonstrate autonomy and you are comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment
- You are versatile and enjoy dealing with multiple priorities.
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring that workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.
Want to apply: please email resume to; [email protected]