Our client in the Chatham-Kent Area is looking to hire Local DZ Drivers
Location: Chatham-Kent (Local Runs)
Work Type: Seasonal
- Transporting goods safely to destination, following the delivery instructions provided by company dispatchers.
- Inspecting the designated truck before and after each trip to ensure that it is mechanically sound.
- Correctly securing goods for transportation to prevent damages and accidents.
- Supervising all loading and unloading procedures to prevent any cargo damage that may occur as a result of unsafe handling or negligence.
- Obtaining customers’ signatures after each delivery to confirm receipt of the correct goods, in the correct quantity.
- Planning travel routes, taking into account possible road construction, traffic congestion, and difficult weather conditions, to ensure that deliveries are made on time.
- Promptly notifying dispatch of any delivery issues, cargo damage, and vehicle breakdowns.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Valid DZ driver’s license.
- Clean CVOR.
- Proven experience working as a DZ driver.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to use GPS devices and road maps.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Interested? Apply to; [email protected]
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.