CES has a client in Huntsille AL.
Pay is up to $20/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed by maintenance staff and safety codes are met for all equipment.
- Ensures safety guards and interlocks are maintained and in working order.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment through in-house or contract labor.
- Coordinate electric and air during layout changes and movement of equipment.
- Advises engineers and operations management on safety and code adherence.
- Schedules and supervises preventative and repair maintenance for the facility and the equipment used by the department.
- Tracks and improves performance metrics, including continuous improvement activities.
- Trains, supervises, and mentors the maintenance team members.
- Promotes communication and positive relations between maintenance team and all other departments.
- Establishes work priorities for the team and communicates maintenance schedules and objectives.
- Assists with projects as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of spare parts and tools, and orders replacements as required.
- Keeps operating costs at a minimum and the maintenance department within budget
- Understands the specific environmental aspects and impact of maintenance duties and work toward reducing them.
- Assist contractors with equipment relocations and installations.
- Fabrication of mold, nesting and minor fixtures.
- Assist with plant startups and equipment preparation for production if needed.
- Inspect and monitor cooling tower systems and advise if action required.
- Installation of piping, tubing and fittings for compressed air and water.
- Perform general repairs to plant facilities and equipment.
- Assist to troubleshoot pneumatic systems including valves, regulators, filters and actuators.
- Assist to troubleshoot hydraulic systems including valves, pumps, filter/strainers, flow control.
- Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned to meet departmental responsibilities.
- High School Diploma in a related maintenance trade and 5 years’ experience in maintenance or related trade
- Technical degree and 3 years’ maintenance or related trade field experience
- 3-5 years’ supervisory experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills