We are looking for a Maintenance Technician- Electrician in St. Thomas, ON. This is a direct hire opportunity in the automotive industry. Previous maintenance experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
Job Description: To increase uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality, through the process of maintaining, designing, developing and continuously improving our equipment and the utilization of technology to ensure the best quality parts are produced.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar process.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
- Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved.
- Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange.
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely.
- Troubleshoot safety devices.
- Troubleshoot equipment using software with encoder feedback.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Program and troubleshoot Fanuc Robots and Lincoln Power Sources, and understand the grounding circuit of a Robotic weld cell.
- Understand various communication networks.
- Participate in new electrical and mechanical designs and ensure equipment build standards meet Build Specifications.
- Electricians need to understand new electrical standards involving Pre Health and Safety reviews, safe distance calculations, Safety Plc’s, and new robot standards.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie-booms) as required.
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Electrical Certificate of Qualification (309A or 442A)
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Direct hire full time position
- MAD Rotation
Please send Resume to [email protected] or call (519) 438-1200.
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.